Sunday, 31 July 2011

Speakers

My first impression of speakers were those massive pillars in my home when I was 7. Only recently I started to understand the differences between computer speakers, home theatre systems and etc.

The first set of speakers I've seen on a computer is on a Compag Presario, which looks glorious even now. The speakers still function to this day. The computer, not so much.

Later in college(A-levels), I've started living alone and discovered that my laptops speaker was pathetically weak. Thus, I started to read reviews. My budget for a year in college was £1000 after having all my fees, food and lodging paid. With that, I was looking for speakers in the range of £20.

After browsing through some reviews (I was not aware of the art of review reading), and I decided to trust them and went ahead and bought a Logitech 2.1 speakers. It has 2 satelite speakers and a subwoofer. I was over the moon, the first time I have my own adjustable bass!

As I move on to university, I grew tired of the old one. After extensive research, I arrived at my best speakers, the Logitech Z5500. It was an interesting beast, considering that I was living in a 2 metre by 6 metres room in Holborn. Once I have it on, I was engulfed in its magnificence. Music sounds different now. It was in the range of £300 and I had to ask my friend to buy it first before I could repay him. My bank card didn't allowed more than £200 at that time for a purchase.

It accompanied me a good 4 years before I decided to sell it since I was going to leave the UK. I sold it to a London cab driver for £150 in perfect working condition.

YAWN, I feel bored writing this article myself. Note: find something more interesting to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment